DAVID GEST’S LEGENDS OF SOUL LIVE CONCERT!

Legends Of Soul

TELEVISION STAR & LEGENDARY PRODUCER DAVID GEST ANNOUNCES
MAJOR UK TOUR RUNNING FROM 31 JANUARY 2014 – 09 MARCH 2014

DAVID GEST’S LEGENDS OF SOUL LIVE CONCERT!

STARRING THE TEMPTATIONS REVIEW FEATURING ORIGINAL
GRAMMY-WINNING LEAD TEMPTATIONS SINGER DENNIS EDWARDS,
CANDI STATON, PERCY SLEDGE, SHEILA FERGUSON, JODY WATLEY,
ROSE ROYCE LEAD SINGER GWEN DICKEY, CECE PENISTON,
EDDIE FLOYD, EDDIE HOLMAN & LITTLE ANTHONY

Gest confirms he will bring 10 Motown and soul legends on UK-wide tour who have collectively sold more than 100 million records

Gest and Candi Staton will also use upcoming tour to search for a new British talent who will be signed to record a duet with the ‘You Got The Love’ star
Monday 09 September 2013 (London, UK) – Television star and legendary producer David Gest will make musical history by bringing an all-star line-up of 10 Soul and Motown artists to more than 30 venues throughout the UK for multiple glittering performances of ‘David Gest’s Legends Of Soul Live Concert!’. Hot on the heels of sold-out shows and rave reviews for ‘David Gest’s Legends Of Soul Spectacular’ – his previous concert tour which smashed box office records – Gest has announced he will assemble one of the largest gatherings of top selling and most-revered rhythm and blues artists of all-time, who have collectively sold more than 100 million records worldwide. He will also be teaming up with soul songstress Candi Staton in a bid to hunt for a UK talent who will be signed to record a new single with the renowned singer which will be produced by Gest himself.

The dazzling line-up of talent on the tour includes: The Temptations Review Featuring Dennis Edwards, the original Grammy Winning Temptations lead singer whose lead vocals are featured on the classic recordings of ‘Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone’, ‘I Can’t Get Next To You’, ‘Ball Of Confusion’, ‘Psychedelic Shack’, ‘Cloud 9′ as well as his legendary solo debut ‘Don’t Look Any Further’; Candi Staton (‘You Got The Love’, ‘Young Hearts Run Free’, ‘Nights On Broadway’, ‘In The Ghetto’); Percy Sledge (‘When A Man Loves A Woman’, ‘Dark End Of The Street’); former lead singer of The Three Degrees, Sheila Ferguson (‘When Will I See You Again’, ‘Woman In Love’, ‘The Runner’, ‘Year Of Decision’, ‘Take Good Care Of Yourself’); original female vocalist of Shalamar & Grammy Award Winner Jody Watley (‘Looking For A New Love’, ‘Friends’, ‘Real Love’, Shalamar Medley: ‘The Second Time Around’, ‘A Night To Remember’); original lead singer of Rose Royce, Gwen Dickey (‘Car Wash’, ‘Wishing On A Star’, ‘Love Don’t Live Here Anymore’); CeCe Peniston (‘Finally’, ‘Keep On Walkin’’, ‘Somebody Else’s Guy’, ‘I’m In The Mood’); Stax Records icon Eddie Floyd (‘Knock On Wood’, ‘Things Get Better’, ‘Raise Your Hand’); Philadelphia great Eddie Holman (‘Hey There Lonely Girl’, ‘I Love You’) and introducing on his first ever UK tour ‘Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame’ Icon, Little Anthony (‘Goin’ Out Of My Head’, ‘Tears On My Pillow’, ‘Better Use Your Head’, ‘Hurt So Bad’). Little Anthony & The Imperials (his group) have sold more than 10 million records worldwide.

Gest and soul goddess Candi Staton will use the upcoming 30-date tour to seek out a new British talent who will be specially chosen to record a duet with the famous diva. Staton has had eight hit records in Britain and says she relishes the opportunity to share the stage with members of the public during her finale song ‘You Got The Love’ and is confident with Gest’s help she will find a new singing partner in the UK to record a hit single with.

Candi Staton says: “David will be bringing up members of the audience who will have a chance to sing with me on ‘You Got The Love’ and show off their vocal talents. But this is no standard sing-along with Candi moment – it’s the real deal. One lucky singer will be signed to record a new single with me that a top contemporary writer has agreed to pen. The song will be produced by David Gest.”

Staton adds: “Britain is like my second home and I have always been amazed at the untapped soul talent the UK has to offer. I want to find an extraordinary vocalist who the world can become familiar with and start someone on a new career in the music business. I have a feeling it will be a hard choice to select just one! David Gest is also a great judge of talent and he produced the highest rated musical special in television history, ‘MICHAEL JACKSON: 30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION, THE SOLO YEARS’ which was Michael’s last concerts in 2001 at Madison Square Garden on September 07 and 10, 2001 and the last reunion of the Jackson 5 in seventeen years.”

Gest, the star of ‘I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!’ and the first American to have three primetime TV series in the UK (‘This Is David Gest’, ‘Grease Is The Word’ & ‘Greased Lightnin’’), will host the musical extravaganza, which runs from Friday 31 January 2014 until Sunday 09 March 2014.

Gest says: “I am thoroughly excited about my most extensive tour of the UK and having ten true soul giants on stage including the only living lead singer of The Temptations, Dennis Edwards, who was responsible for ushering in the Norman Whitfield sound for Motown and brought the group their first Grammy Award for ‘Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone’ of which Dennis sang lead vocals on. Dennis sang lead on many of The Temptations greatest tunes and had a huge solo hit with ‘Don’t Look Any Further’, which he will also be performing with his Temptations Review. All the other artists on the bill are the original singers of their classic hits and the fans will not be getting groups who have no original lead singer left. They are getting the real thing and this will be an amazing show with a nine piece band of some of the top musicians in the world!”

2014 LIVE DATES
DAVID GEST’S LEGENDS OF SOUL LIVE CONCERT!

DATE & SHOWTIME(S)VENUEBOX OFFICE & ONLINE
01438 363200 | ONLINE
23 Feb 20147.00pm
CAMDEN Gilgamesh
0207 267 8300 EXT. 2 | ONLINE

27 Responses

1. Dick Taylor says:

Little Anthony is my idol and i am so excited to be able to see him live in the UK. Shame his original band members will not be accompanying him.

2. Paul Davison says:

Santa just delivered my tickets woohooo. I have a Brainscan03/01 so gives me a focus for Feb.Just hoping as Blackpool was a huge Northern Soul Venue back in the 70′s (The Mecca Highland Room) Just hope Candi fits in Now you got the upper hand and little Anthony manages to squeeze in Better use your head Roll on Feb 9th revisit my soul roots and Leye D Johns great Venue Ty again Santa

3. Linda says:

Oh David please bring them to Leeds West Yorkshire too! We have the Grand theatre /City varieties / Leeds Arena. I would love this!!!!!!!

4. Hannah Gregory says:

so excited about this, saw it in February last year in St.Helens. Was so upset when Eddie Floyd wasn’t well, so pleased he is OK now & will be singing this Mum, this has to be one of the best shows I have ever seen ~ brings generations together!! X

5. Paul marshall says:

Wot a line up, can’t wait, do I do to billingham, Newcastle or York events or all three. Counting the days down already. Thanks to David for putting this together.

6. Annie G says:

I cannot wait to see Little Anthony! He is my dreamboat and I will be taking my pillow along to wipe my tears on! Eddie Floyd will bring the house down, cant wait to have a dance to Knock on Wood!

7. Tony Williams says:

I haven’t attended many live concerts. But as a veteran of wigan casino, and the highland room at Blackpool Mecca. I was not gonna miss this one. having seen Edwin star and tommy hunt live ,and they were fantastic. I am REALY looking forward to this. It may be the only chance to see such a line up of TRUE soul legends. Well done David.

8. Jeff greenhaff says:

Was devistated to get a letter saying billingham theatre has been cancelled. But I have managed to obtain 2 meet and greet tickets for Newcastle on the 16th feb… what a line up can’t wait.

9. Dean Egan says:

So looking forward to the hull date. I’m an old white soul singer who would love to share a stage with any of these people. As a Northern soul fan I’m particularly looking forward to little anthonys performance. Bring it on and keep those fires burning

10. ROY ADAMS says:

Just back from the Skegness weekender and wow what a show. All the artists put on a great performance and all were in good voice although Candi seemed to be suffering from a bit of cold, but still did great. If any any doubt wether Eddie Holman can still hit the high notes- dont be he was brilliant.
    My favourite performance of the night was GwenDickie. The lady had to be helped on the stage due to a spine injury then sang while seated, blew me away with a stunning vocal performance from such an elegant, humble yet accomplished lady.
    Well done and big raps for David Gest yet again delivering a fantastic show for british soul fans.

ROY

11. Paul Schofield says:

Caught the show in Halifax last night, what a great night the theatre rocked from the very first note from the wonderful Gwen Dickey and David you were fantastic . Come back again soon with all your friends !

12. What a GREAT Show in HALIFAX

And the stand out act for me was EDDIE HOLMAN: what a FANTASTIC voice and range…. phenomenal!

13. Kevin Dale says:

Saw this at Skegness. Looking into getting over to Hull to see them again. Stax legend Eddie Floyd, was as fantastic as I knew he would be, as were the Temps, but the surprise of the night was Little Anthony, would like to see him return with the Imperials.

14. Don Milward says:

Just back from Stockport Plaza 13/02/2014 after doing Mr David Gests.. Legends of soul. “Well” ? What can one say ? Are Dear Mr G’s billed it as the concert of the year ? Well all i can do is agree !! “What a show” truly enjoyed every minute.. Well done one and all..

15. Don Milward says:

Just go and see it truly the BEST..

16. Neil Bach says:

What a superb evening we had at Rhyl last night, already had our money’s worth during the 1st half. Unbelievable the amount of talent under one roof. My favourite was Candi Staton Young Hearts Run Free would make it into my all time top 10. Also a huge Shalamar fan so great to see Jodi wately perform. Every single artist on this line up was absolutely top notch, if you’re out there umming and aahing what to do to go and see this show take it from me go! you will not be disappointed gets 10 out of 10 from me.

17. Pam Williams says:

Went to this concert in Rhyl, the atmosphere was amazing, one of the best concerts we have seen, highly recommend you go to see it.

18. Peter Lowrie says:

After some misgivings about who was singing WOW what a night it’s hard to pick out the best they were all fantastic, and been able to meet some of my musical hero,s just made it really special. Gwen Dicky was outstanding as she sang sitting down due to a back complaint she was first on and had the place bouncing from the off, it’s so hard to pick any one out but I have to say at a very young 73 years old Little Anthony was superb .
    Both he and Eddie Holman said they would love to come back again and do there Northern tracks”……..are you reading this David Gest ?.
    David said he would come back again to Carlisle please keep your word as we all loved the night thank you and we’ll done to all. Pete Lowrie

19. Josh butler says:

Really looking forward to tonight in Oldham.Ihope my girlfriend “January” is going to get up with candi and blow them away.Cant wait. jb x

20. Went to the show in Oldham a bit sceptical not really knowing some of the acts (a bit b4 my time).But was blown away with the show from start to finish. A must see showIt started on a high and never stopped amazing me and my family.One of the best shows ive ever seen,compared and produced by the formidable mr david gest.Please come back again to Oldham. x

21. Paul Hogan says:

Just seen the show in Hull – what a wonderful evening can honestly say it left me wanting a lot more. Sound quality tremendous and the interaction with the audience genuine, thanks for bringing these stars to Hull David

22. Sue Garcia says:

Saw the show in Hull last night with a group of friends,great night can’t wait for them to come back,Sheila Ferguson for me was stunning ,Eddie Holman great,still has a brilliant voice .I cannot fault anybody!
    Feb.21st 2014 5.30pm

23. Lesley lusby says:

Hi David , thank you for bringing such a fab show to hull .
    It was absolutley fantastic really loved it ,
    What such great singers credit to you for bringing this together.
    Please come back to hull soon.

24. Denise & Loraine says:

Have just got home from seeing the show. It was just the best. We danced all night! Eddie Holman and Gwen Dickie – legends! Thank you so much David, come back soon! x x x

25. Jane Lunnon says:

Saw the show at Stevenage last night. WOW. Amazing. David Gest very funny. The artists were fantastic. Everyone was up dancing. They included the audience. Great buzz. All have stood the test of time.
    True professionals in their art. Real feel good factor. So glad we went.

26. Karl Scott says:

Saw this in Stevenage last night. What a brilliant show. Thoughts go out to Percy Sledge. No mention of Eddie Floyd though and was looking forward to seeing him….. Gwen Dickey was fantastic as was Little Anthony. Thoroughly recommended.

27. Matt Edwards says:

Last night’s Stevenage gig was awesome! The energy in that hall was simply electric. It was great seeing so many “Legends of Soul” under one roof. Well done for bringing them altogether, David Gest!